Friday, December 2, 2011

Giving Thanks - Thanks Giving

We are all still giving thanks, right? I want to post about this quilt before I'm really late for the Christmas party(s)! Quite a while ago, I purchased a kit from Moda Bake Shop tutorials. The kit contained enough fabric for 2 quilts. This is the second quilt. It sat partially pieced for a long time. Dietician Daughter has been helping me with my unfini projects...this one was completed by her! yeah! (She lets me tend her cute baby in trade. It's a win win for me!)
We gave this quilt to an acquaintance to let her know we think of her and to bring some sunshine into her world.
I love the straight diagonal lines of quilting that daughter quilted!
This friend has survived huge trials, trials of loss in the last few years. She lost her daughter in an accident and her leg from the knee down in the same accident, her marriage, and more. She has endured valiantly. Through her attitude we have been drawn to give thanks and have a perfect example of thanks giving.

The dotted back worked out to be so fun.
This fabric is Verna by Kate Spain from Moda fabrics.


The binding came with the kit.
I'm thankful that we were able to do this little project and that it was well received!
Take Care~~

3 comments:

Judy said...

That is absolutely beautiful Di! I think it was a win-win trade for you :) I'm sorry about your friend but with friends like you I'm sure it helped a lot.

Thimbleanna said...

What a beautiful gift Di! Such a touching story -- you are a true friend. I love the binding on the quilt too!

Nancy said...

I'm glad you like how it turned out. It was fun to work on it.