Monday, June 9, 2008

I'm Wondering...

How does one take a great picture of a great fountain? This one is in Boise. Difficult to decifer, but the statue is of a mother with two boys and a dog trailing her. She has hold of a kite string with a kite at the end. I do like this statue/fountain, although it is hard to see the detail in my photo. Have any of you seen this particular fountain when you've been in this area?







What kind of tree/bush is this? I've been noticing these twin trees on my way to the Library for several days now. Today while driving through a nearby neighborhood I saw two large bushes that very very closely resemble these trees. The green is a very light green going up into the white and then pink on the ends of each branch. They are so sweet and unique! I really don't want to go knock on the doors of those houses. Have any of you seen this particular tree/bush?

What great sights and sounds are to be found near Bozeman, Montana? Mr. Unidentified, the Brettster and I are heading up that way in 1.5 days! We will be at Big Sky Resort. Of course I'll want to hit the quilting stores, but what other must do s are there? I'd better look for 13 year old friendly options also. Are any of you readers from Montana? I do know that I really like the town of Bozeman. No photo of Montana ..., YET!

No sewing photos, unless I could send a picture of frustration from my present project! I know one thing, I need to stick to sewing from a pattern instead of making up my own ideas. (wouldn't think pinwheels would be that hard) It just leads to frustration and time wasted! I know I should be creative, BUT it doesn't ever go good for me...
Take Care.

11 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Your tree/bush looks like a Hakuro Nishiki (vareigated Japanese willow). I think they're considered more bush than tree but they end up looking more like a small tree. We have one in our front yard.

Julia said...

I do think that I have seen that fountain. Pretty!!!
Sounds like a fun trip you are going on. I love Montana!! I don't have any suggestions but, can't wait to hear all about it when you return.

Becky said...

I see that fountain every time we go to the movies!! I also like the bench with the statue of the man reading the newspaper sitting on it.

Nanette Merrill said...

You got me. I'm not helpful at all. My husbands relations are in Montana but we've never visited them even though they have come down here many times. We just can't seem to get up that way. I'd love to take a road trip through Montana and into Oregon and Washington but with gas . . . well you know. Its going to be one vacation to Wyoming to my sisters ranch this summer and thats about it. Its ok, I'm a homebody. Sorry I'm no help.

Anonymous said...

It's a pretty tree but I can't help you. I need a pattern too. I'm not very creative either.

Amanda Jean said...

I love those bushes, too. I have seen some similar here with purple flowers that are just gorgeous. I have no idea what they are called though.

Nancy said...

I wish I could have gone with you to Montana, sigh. I'm serious about a Glacier/Canada trip. Think about it and talk to Dad. Hope you guys get home safe.

Cheryl said...

Great photo, and wonderful tree!! I don't know what the tree is ... but very pretty. Hope you have a wonderful trip to Montana and we can't wait to hear all about it! Don't be too frustrated with your sewing --- I bet what you are working on is great.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Hi Diane! I'm finally getting a chance to look at your blog. It's wonderful! I'd like to add it to my favorites in my blog. Do you mind? Thanks for sharing---

Nancy said...

It's been almost a month since you posted last! I'll help you, but it better be soon! What happened last night?

Heather said...

I actually have not had the fruit parfait at McDonalds- I am always skeptical of their fruit- I don't like soggy old fruit, and I guess I just assume that their fruit will be icky. I am enjoying their $1 deal on large sodas right now!