Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Three Little Quilts

Finally done: Ragged Hearts Quilt. It was fun to make, in spite of machine problems. For the batting I used the fusible iron type. It worked up pretty well, no tucks. This is the third project I've quilted on my machine. What an adventure!


Baby Vintage Squares: another fun to make, raw edges, 2.5 inch squares, drew a grid, used a glue stick, one step quilting top batting and back, split a jelly roll with 2 other people.



Baby's Day: This quilt is 9 embroidered blocks bordered with gender neutral fabrics. I enjoyed collecting each fabric. Local quilter, Cheryl Gunn of Waltzing With Bears created this original pattern. I used machine and hand quilting to complete this quilt. I tied french knots at each rick rack curve to hold those down when it gets washed!
Quilts are very difficult to photograph! Babies would/will be much much easier!!! I'm thinkin' I need a grand baby real soon. ~~Take Care. ~D Spack~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hearts quilt is really cute. The tiny squares sounds hard. The baby one turned out cute, but I thought you didn't like to use rickrack. I can't see the french notes. Maybe you could post a picture of your favorite babies--N, A, B, A, N, and O. Love, Karen

Anonymous said...

Diane, No comment. You know I mean french knots. Just a little destracted trying to figure out what Michelle Obama said that has the media all worked up. Karen

Di~ said...

Yea KNOTS! Rick Rack is cute, but tricky in some aspects~~like begining and ending it and the 'curlingafterbeingwashedfactor'
DES

Nancy said...

The ragged hearts quilt turned out great. All that work really did pay off. Your picture of the stiched baby quilt turned out a lot better. I really do want to try to make one of the vintage squares sometime, if I had a sewing machine we could do it in March, but alas...

Julia said...

These quilts are all adorable. I love the heart one. I need to make one like that. It would fun to do it really scrappy.

Nanette Merrill said...

I really like all the quilts. They turned out really really nice. (fierce!!)

The hearts are darling. Tell me about that fusible batting. I'm very curious about how it works.

I really love squares so I really like the little squares quilt. I love the light color separating all the others. It turned out really nice.

The other one is very sweet and of course I love the rickrack.

Great job on all of them!

Cheryl said...

Your heart quilt turned out so wonderful. Love the baby quilt with the rickrack. That must have been a little tricky to use.

Val said...

Beautiful, just beautiful!