Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Verna Quilt

That's the only title I can think to give this quilt. I used a layer cake, charm pack and honey bun of Verna by Kate Spain. Pretty fabrics. The quilting was done by a gentleman in my area who recently purchased a quilting machine to use as a hobby. I think he did a lovely job.
I love the blue color in this line.
This quilt is going to an auction to raise money for a young family who's father is in very poor health. I've never done anything like this. I hope it goes well. I will be attending the bbq/auction next week. We'll see...
This pattern was on Moda Bake Shop. Quick and easy.
Take Care~~~





6 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Di -- it's beautiful! What a wonderful thing for you to do -- you'll have to let us know how it goes!

Nancy said...

I do remember this quilt! How quickly I forget. Isn't this the one you had enough to make two from? I think it turned out gorgeous, and I'm pretty excited about the quilting- maybe I'll have to get a quilt ready before I come home in September.

Kate D. Spain said...

Di, your quilt is beautiful!! Thank you so much for using Verna :) How nice of you to contribute your creation to such a worthwhile cause. I hope the family is able to raise the money they need. Someone will be very lucky to take your quilt home with them. My very best to you. Hugs, kate

Judy said...

Wow Diane, it's beautiful! and what an awesome thing to do. Packing up my sewing room last night and all my unused fabric, my youngest wants me to make her a quilt. Funny girl that she is, she thinks I can do it by November or December :0
I said..."maybe"...

Kar said...

Very pretty! I'm going to have to check out that fabric. Good luck with the auction. I hope it raises alot of money for the family you are all helping.

Nanette Merrill said...

I love it. It is really pretty. I think those candy bars by Moda would work like this. I like it.