Thursday, September 11, 2008

Almost Fall


Red, White and Blue. They really are nice colors together to represent our country. These pretties will be cut up in an effort to refurbish this star. It is a decoration I made for my mom years ago, the old fabrics needed to be changed out. I will show it completed when I get about 50 spirals cut of the new fabric. A LQS offers 20% off all purchases with a birthday coupon. I took advantage of that to a small extent.

This Red White and Blue quilt top has been hanging, completed in my sewing room for a few years. It is soon to be quilted and I can't wait! It was a fun fun quilt to make.

OK, it's a little late, but I wanted you to see our raspberry jam and the cute little flower girl with it. We were very careful not to get jam on that towel. Why do we make pretty dish towels for the kitchen, secretly hoping they won't get stained and dirty? Oh yeah, to hang them on the oven door handle!

Orange Julius is the new great snackie "thing" around our house. The Brettster loves it. He is going down on one here in the garage the first day of school. Quick breakfast!

I hesitate to post this bunch of lovely flowers at the risk of high expectations for the future. Arizona son-in-law had these delivered to my door for my birthday last week. Wow, what a surprise! Utah son-in-law gave me some great fat quarters of cute fabrics, so what's a mother-in-law to do? ... Say...Thank You! Those flowers are Peruvian Lilies, still going strong one week later.

Vegetables! Whew! I started this quilt a few years ago also!!! Finally done! This was one of my very first machine quilting projects. As a whole, the project turned out so so, but I do love the vegetables. (click for a close up of the veggies) I learned not to used lined fabrics for backings, altho this one came out real well ~~for me not knowing WHAT I was doing. This quilt pattern is a Waltzing With Bears pattern, designed by Cheryl Gunn. Cheryl is a designer and works at a LQS. She is always interested in what I'm working on and helps me pick out fabric. She has many very very cute patterns, she is so creative! Look for her patterns in your store.

Take Care~~~

6 comments:

Nedra said...

I love the red, white and blue quilt. I used to have an Americana bedroom in my old house. Now those quilts sit in a pile together. I'll pull them out for the 4th and 24th of July celebrations.

Anonymous said...

Those are some awsome flowers, you must have an good son-in-law. T

Nancy said...

Wow I have never seen that shirt on B before. And do I spy a fauxhawk going on?! Lookin' good!
Oh yeah and the quilt turned out great mom.

Nanette Merrill said...

What a cute post. Flowers and fat quarters - what every MIL would love! Nice boys.

The quilts are lovely. I especially like the red white and blue one. I'd like to see more of it.

Fun stuff at your house. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Flowers, and wonderful quilted projects. I really like the table runner.

Tracey said...

Oh, how I love the red, white and blue quilt. I love those colors too. I also like the other quilt with the little square backing. How cute. You are very creative. I'll stop by again I'm sure.